EMMA

EMMA
my angel

Monday, March 3, 2008

"DON'T FORGET MY SISTER"

Christina, Ryan and I went to the Manhattan temple the other night. I did the temple work for Magdalena Regina Keidel, a sister of Martin Keidel (my great grandfather). Three days later my father told me a story I had never heard before about someone who used to come visit him and his grandfather. Her name was Tanta Ruskin. Tanta means Aunt in German. He wasn't sure who this woman was but she was kind and generous and used to bring him and his brothers chocolate easter bunnies. I came home and began searching for this Tanta Ruskin. It didn't take long before I found the marriage record of Elsie Keidel Ruskin, a sister of Martin Keidel who lived in New Rochelle, New York. After checking my family records, I found that all of Martin Keidel's family have had their temple work except Elsie (Elisabeth). I think Magdalena was prompting these memories in my father and reminding me "Don't forget my sister!" I know whose temple work needs to be done next.

No comments: