EMMA

EMMA
my angel

Saturday, February 23, 2008

TRUE FRIENDS

If you are lucky you will find one or two really true, lifelong friends. I have been fortunate to have one friend for 50 (fifty!) years and another true friend for almost 30 (thirty) years. This week I went to New Hampshire to visit Terri (my true friend for almost 30 years). I love driving by myself in beautiful weather. I listened to cd's and books and the ride just flew! There was such a sense of freedom and gratitude - to be able to go where I want and to have the means and health to do it. Soon I was seeing my friend. We had lunch and shopped (and got everything on sale!). We sat in front of the fire (in comfy chairs) under blankets and talked and talked and talked. Being adventurous, we took a road trip and went to Portsmouth, New Hampshire by the sea. There was no housework, no phone calls, no cleaning. It was pure pleasure and a great thing to be reminded - that to have a true friend is a treasure.

No comments: